Wednesday, September 22, 2010

England Vs Pakistan, 5th ODI

England - 256/6 (50 overs)
Eoin Morgan - 107(101)
Andrew Strauss - 25(35)

Pakistan - 135 all out (37 overs)
Kamran Akmal - 41
Yousuf - 20

England won by 121 runs, clinch the series 3-2.

Strauss: I am happy with my batting, I have been aggressive in my batting and I am happy to win the series. It has been a crazy series and I am happy that it ended on a winning note. we played well as a team and this has been our toughest series. We can't wait for the Ashes and this summer has helped us prepare for the big series ahead.
Strauss is the Man of the Series
Morgan is the Man of the Match: I am really glad to finish the summer with a bang, I thoroughly enjoyed myself and the teammates have been supportive. The seamers and Swann bowled well for us today.
Afridi: I want to congratulate the English team, we played well as a team as we were rocked by the fixing controversy. I am disappointed, but we have improved a lot, I was not happy with our batting, but our bowlers did a fantastic job and Swann bowled really well today. We clicked as a team and I am happy about it, we have plenty of youngsters in our team and next time we will do better.
A win for England and it is as comprehensive as it can get. Chasing 257 to win the match and the series, Pakistan folded up for 135. Hafeez and Kamran Akmal started the chase in an aggressive manner, but once their stand was broken England took the upper hand. Swann like always struck in his first over and Broad also supported him well with 3 wickets. They were 63 for no loss, but crumbled like nine pins and surrendered meekly to England. With this win, England clinch the 5-match ODI series 3-2. Stay tuned for the presentation...
















No comments:

Post a Comment